Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fun in a New Backyard

Ken, Heather, Graham and Anna have moved into a lovely new home with one amazing backyard. Their new yard is so big it's like going to a private park and even has enough room for a big soccer game. Last night a bunch of the fam were hanging out at the new pad and I tested out my new lens on the kiddies. The light was amazing -yummy, golden sunlight. Here are a few faves and a fun slideshow complete with silly faces. (For all you photogs - all shots were shot at an aperture of F1.2)















We were all running around playing and then all of a sudden I noticed something in the grass... there was this little baby bird. At first I thought it didn't make the fall but then we quickly realized that it was alright. Ken came to the rescue and found a little shovel that we managed to get it to climb into. No one wanted to touch the little guy incase it's momma could smell us and would decide not to feed it. We found the nest in the giant tree/bush thing and Ken managed to get it back in - which was a miracle because this tree/bush has the sharpest needles on the planet. The little thing had a few more brothers and sisters in the nest too. Later we heard TONNES of chirping coming from the nest and figured they were all telling mom about their little adventure. Here's the little thing, it was so precious. Notice the shot with the shovel and how big Ken's hand looks.




1 comment:

Peachy Keen Mumma said...

Your photography is just amazing. It actually brings tears to my eyes! I leave it a few months and then see your pictures again and it just amazes me how much you grow over that time period. I am no expert but you just get better and better. Every time I see your pictures I think this is sooo great and then you surprise me by doing something even more spectacular. WOW!!!