Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow Day II

It's Baaaaccckkkk!!! Last night we got another big dump of snow - over a foot, which is pretty unusual for us despite living in North Vancouver, in a valley in the mountains but generally we don't get that much snow. So far this year a few inches while other places, including higher up the mountain and inland, even in the city, have gotten feet's worth. I'm a wimp about snow because in Vancouver, despite it being Canada, we don't get a lot of snow - just a lot of rain - hence living in a rain forest. Usually we can boast about it sticking to the ski hills and then being able to run on the beach. And as proof as to how crazy this city gets when it snows, today a train has derailed, traffic is a mess, busses can't run up or down the hills near my house and schools are closed. I love our city! Anyway, It sure is pretty to look at and I love how it sounds when you go outside. The snow makes everything so quite, it's a special kind of quite it too -very peaceful. I just wanted to show you what happened to a little plant outside our door...


Sunday, when it snowed just a little
This morning...
And it's supposed to keep snowing today and into tommorow and maybe for the next few days. Should be fun to see what happens. As a kid I remember getting tons and tons of snow but in the last 20 years, not so much. I guess it's all a good sign for the winter olympics in a few years. Gotta run, if I get a chance to venture out and take more pics, I will.

No comments: