Monday, February 18, 2008

The Laurel Point Inn

For those looking to get away for a short weekend trip or a wonderful vacation, may I suggest one wonderful hotel in Victoria, BC - THE LAUREL POINT INN. AND, may I also add that this is a WONDERFUL place to get married! Just picture getting married in a Japanese garden overlooking the Victoria Harbour and having your reception in an all glass atrium overlooking said harbour and said gardens. Contact Jen Smith at the Hotel if you're interested - she'll take great, great care of you.

My husband and I did make a weekend getaway this past weekend, mostly just to get some R&R and feel like we were away from our everyday lives (the fact that I'm now sick with a bad cold and cough and my voice is coming and going made this past weekend even better). We were lucky enough to stay at the Laurel Point in one of their awesome Studio Suites that were just recently renovated and for all of you architecture buffs out there, the room was in the wing that Arthur Erickson designed. The room itself is totally my style - clean and contemporary, with one amazingly comfortable king size bed that you don't ever want to get out of. The room had access straight out onto to earlier mentioned Japanese garden and had one killer bathroom and soaker tub.

All I can say is that if you get a chance to stay there you should and definately stay in a studio suite. Check out the pics of the room and the gardens and if you feel like looking into the hotel for your wedding venue be sure to give me a call for your photos, the photo ideas were endless and I can quickly see this place becoming one of my favourite venues.


One of the comfiest beds ever!

I loved the quilt at the end of the bed








The amazing sunset over the Japanese Garden

The view of the garden from our hotel window and terrace





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry. Look please here