Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wishing I was back in Maui - Part 1


Okay, so last night we got another huge windstorm and it snowed for the second time in a week. The weather has been absolutely nuts lately and I think yesterday was the 14th major storm of the winter. The one on the weekend knocked our power out twice. So, I really really wish I could go away. I would much rather be sitting at an ocean side restaurant eating yummy seafood, drinking pina coladas and then going snorkeling with the turtles and the fishies. And it seems like lots of other lucky ducks have done just that. I have clients in Maui and Cuba right now and it seems like tonnes of other people are posting their sunny vacations on their blogs. So since I can't actually go back I have to live with the photos from our last trip - see why photos are so important.
Anyway, I'm sure we could all use a good dose of warm sun right about now so here a bunch of my favourites from 6 months ago in Maui. I'll have to find the snorkeling photos with the sea turtles and post those later.



The side of Haleakala - where all the sugar cane is grown

The front of our hotel - The Maui Prince is very peaceful and relaxing
The beach at the hotel - with great snorkeling and sea turtles
Farther down the beach in the early morning

I thought this was a cool shot


a cute historical church down by the beach
some beautiful plants at the winery
cool palm leaves
birds of paradise by the poolside
swaying in the cool breeze
me taking more photos from the car
An Awesome sunset by the pool
As the sun goes down on the beach
Another great sunset in Lahaina - enjoyed by Scott

No comments: